Saturday, August 11, 2012

At Home Body Wrap

So for my first attempt at a wonderful Pinterest idea, I decided to do the body wrap. It sounded easy. Put on some lotion type stuff mixed with a vitamin, wrap yourself in plastic wrap (like a mummy),  cover up with lots of blankets, sweat your butt off, and BAM!! your suppose to lose a couple inches everywhere! So this is how it went for me

Step 1: I easily collected the ingredients at the local walmart for around $14

Step 2: I mixed the "Farewell Cellulite" with the vitamin E oil 
 *What I didn't like about this "Pin" was that it didn't tell how much to add of each ingredient*

Step 3: I rubbed the mixture on the places that I wanted to lose inches. If I had 10 bottles of each, I would have rolled in a bathtub of this stuff, since it's easier for me to find a place where I don't want to lose inches...

Step 4: I took plastic wrap and wrapped it tightly around the areas that I covered with mixture, which was my thighs and arms
Step 5: Look ridiculous with all that darn plastic wrap around your body

Step 6: I covered up with 2 blankets for an hour so I would sweat off those inches. 

To be honest, I sweated more when trying to wrap myself in plastic wrap, than when I did laying down with 2 blankets on me. I seriously have lost more inches typing this post than what this "Pin" did for me. So my conclusion would be... To not waste your $14, nor the time! All I got out of this was a stupid photo of myself and a rash from the plastic wrap rubbing my body

*Oh and I did measure my arms and legs before and after, and they were exactly the same*

9 comments:

  1. Try again and use an electric blanket if you have one or a heating pad. I did this to my tummy and it went down a little bit. I forgot to measure tho. Also another site told me to take a nice hot shower prior so your pores open up. I am going to try it again this weekend hoping for results...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know if it works for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It worked for me :) I used two capfulls of vit e oil and then just squirted the cellulite cream in a bowl mixed it and put it all over my tummy, wrapped it in saran wrap and sat with a blanket over me for an hour and sweat it out :) Its not really meant to be a lasting "weight loss" secret it is used to release harmful fat holding toxins from your body that encourage weight loss from healthy eating and exercise. Also the vit e helps give your skin its softness and elasticity. I just had a baby 6 weeks ago and it helped with the pooch, so Ill be doing it this summer a few times before the beach!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried it for the first time last and it worked for me I didnt measure but I could see the difference. I mixed the cream and oil, applied it to my abdomen, sides and back, wrapped myself in saran, then put a heating pad on my stomach topped with a blanket and fell asleep. When I got up this morning I really saw a difference...Try it again

      Delete
  4. I wonder if working out or wearing a workout sweat suit would work?

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lady told me this is temporary as well as the It Works wraps. She said if you have the money to do it, go for it. Yet, it is just water weight your losing. Drink a glass of water and you will gain the inch back :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did this and used a heated pad after I took a hot shower and it worked! Wrap really tight and do it a few time. The bigger you are the harder it is to tell but it does work. You must also work out to keep results!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to try this and while I'm wraped I'm going to be working out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i can tell you the it works wraps are definitely not a waste of money and that they FOR SURE are not water weight, as well as they did massive massive extreme change on me....... they changed my life.

    ReplyDelete